accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using maxVersions=7 but rows disappear
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 02:36:25 GMT
David,

I'd venture a guess that because you only set the scan maxVersions, when
Accumulo minor compacted your 'rolling' table to flush those K/V pairs
to disk, it deleted your first 6 versions that you saw when performing
the scan.

You can determine if this is actually what happened by running your
inserts below, and calling 'compact' on the table before performing the
scan.

To fix this, try setting the same option with the minc and majc scope.
Most likely (but don't quote me):

config -t rolling -s table.iterator.minc.vers.opt.maxVersions=7
config -t rolling -s table.iterator.majc.vers.opt.maxVersions=7

- Josh