accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keys Botzum <kbot...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo on MapR Continued
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:05:14 GMT
Eric,

Clever. I'll add that to the doc as an option.

Keys
________________________________
Keys Botzum
Senior Principal Technologist
WW Systems Engineering
kbotzum@maprtech.com
443-718-0098
MapR Technologies
http://www.mapr.com

On Apr 20, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Eric Newton wrote:

> You should be able to adjust the classpath in conf/accumulo-site.xml, and remove $HADOOP_HOME/conf
and just put the updated core-site.xml in the accumulo/conf directory.

> -Eric
>
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Keys Botzum <kbotzum@maprtech.com> wrote:
> Keith,
>
> I was able to get Accumulo to use a Accumulo specific configuration of Hadoop. It was
a bit of a hack. Basically I created a fake Hadoop installation tree that is almost entirely
symbolic links to the real tree under /opt/mapr/hadoop. The only real file in the tree is
core-site.xml where I set the two properties. The essential steps where:
> 	cd /opt/accumulo
> 	mkdir hadoop
> 	mkdir hadoop/hadoop-0.20.2
> 	cd  hadoop/hadoop-0.20.2
> 	ln -s /opt/mapr/hadoop/hadoop-0.20.2/* .
> 	rm conf
> 	mkdir conf
> 	cd conf
> 	ln -s /opt/mapr/hadoop/hadoop-0.20.2/conf/*
> 	cp core-site.xml t
> 	mv t core-site.xml
> 	edit core-site.xml as needed
>
> Then I set the HADOOP_HOME in accumulo-env.sh to that directory and everything worked
fine.

> By the way, I tried setting HADOOP_CONF_DIR and that had no effect.
>
> Since I plan to document these steps, I want to make sure I understood your intent and
that I haven't missed something. Typically in Hadoop components the ultimate configuration
is a combination of each components *-site.xml file. As a result I can set things in, for
example, hbase-site.xml that are really Hadoop properties. Assuming I understood what you
and Eric were saying, this is not true in Accumulo. That's fine by me, but I just want to
make sure I'm not saying things that aren't true.

> Thanks again for all of your help,
> Keys
>
> p.s. I'm running the random and ingest tests you and Eric suggested as we speak. The
random test completed successfully.