accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>
Subject Re: Trendulo - A Twitter Analytics Demo on Accumulo
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 02:19:45 GMT

On Apr 25, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Jared winick wrote:

> Aaron, I am using EBS now and I haven't seen any problems, that said my load is obviously
not extreme.  When I initially moved things from my home workstation to EC2, I had a few months
of tweets to ingest. For that initial ingest I did run with local instance storage as I saw
extremely variable performance when I first tried EBS. The instance storage was better, though
not as good as what I see on bare metal.

Thanks for the info. I get the sense that you can scale up a single server more easily using
EBS since you can attach like 10 volumes and RAID them up together. More vols might mean less
variability too depending on how you configure RAID.