accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Patel, Sameer" <sameer.pa...@lmco.com>
Subject Newbie Install/Setup Questions
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:40:37 GMT
Hello,

I'm a total newbie to Accumulo and am trying to setup version 1.4.0(I'm assuming this is the
latest release) on XUbuntu 11.10.   I'm running on top of Apache Hadoop 1.0.1.  I'm having
some setup problems and was wondering if someone might have some insight?

Hadoop Setup Environment
-----------------------
I'm running in a multi node setup where I have the Job Tracker, Name Node, Secondary Name
Node, Zookeeper, and 2 slaves all on separate machines (virtual machines).  I have verified
that the Hadoop install seems ok and even performed a distributed file action to test the
file system (e.g. made a directory).  Additionally, I see the 2 "Live Nodes"(2 slave nodes)
show up on the Hadoop status page at http:<machine>:50070.

Accumulo Setup Environment
--------------------------
I have the Accumulo Master/Table Server deployed on one of the Hadoop slaves. I also have
Accumulo installed on the other Hadoop slave to serve as another Accumulo Tablet Server.
So theoretically, I'm expecting one Accumulo master and two Accumulo tablet servers (played
by my 2 Hadoop slave nodes).

Question 1
----------
When I initially tried to start accumulo with the "start-all.sh" script, it did not start
and printed: "Accumulo 1.4.0 requires Hadoop version 0.20.x".  Is this accurate?  Is it really
0.20.x (which is listed as the "legacy" version on the Apache Hadoop site)?  I probably missed
this requirement somewhere in the documentation but I still can't find this spelled out.

Question 2
----------
Temporarily, I commented out the check for the particular Hadoop version relating to Question
1 to get Accumulo started (in "config.sh").  Once I did that I was able to go to the Accumulo
Status page and see the following information as listed below.  Everything looks good except
the Tablet Servers number.  Should I be seeing 2 there (instead of 1)?  I have the 2 slave
nodes listed in my "slaves" conf file.  Interestingly it detects 2 Data Nodes..and when I
click on the link in the UI for "Live Data Nodes" it shows my 2 machines listed.

Accumulo Master
----------------
Tables 2
Tablet Servers 1