accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Michael Moore <imichaeldot...@live.com>
Subject RE: Restart Tablet Server process after machine reboot
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:27:39 GMT

I'll file a bug on this, but the way the etc_initd_accumulo script senses the accumulo install
directory isn't terribly robust.  For instance, I have accumulo installed in /home/cloud/cloud-dist/accumulo/accumulo-1.3.5-incubating/
.  The script senses /home/cloud/cloud-dist/accumulo as the ACCUMULO_HOME.  For the time being
in 1.3.5, you have to modify the script to use the proper ACCUMULO_HOME.

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:40:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Restart Tablet Server process after machine reboot
From: eric.newton@gmail.com
To: accumulo-user@incubator.apache.org

Yes, that's what the bin/etc_initd_accumulo script does.
ACCUMULO-312 is more specific: it allows for the configuration of a node simply by installing
the right package.  Install the accumulo-tserver package, and you're a tserver.  Install the
accumulo-master package and you are a master node.  And, when this all works, you can flexibly
just add more nodes without editing files containing lists of hostnames.  This will simplify
running accumulo in virtual environments, where nodes are added and removed as needed.

If you just want to automatically restart the appropriate servers on a configured node, bin/etc_initd_accumulo
should work.
-Eric