accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Michael Moore <imichaeldot...@live.com>
Subject RE: Restart Tablet Server process after machine reboot
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:03:51 GMT

If I was to write a custom init script, what would be the commands I would include?  Is bin/start-here.sh
sufficient?

From: john.w.vines@ugov.gov
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:47:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Restart Tablet Server process after machine reboot
To: accumulo-user@incubator.apache.org

We currently do not have any sort of start-time startup for any of our processes. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-312
is for init.d scripts for that feature. So for now, the only way to restart any service on
boot up is manually, or via custom init.d script.

John

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Michael Moore <imichaeldotorg@live.com> wrote:

Hello,
I'm running a small cluster.  I have multiple tablet servers, and I'd like to configure them
to reconnect to the Accumulo master on reboot.
I didn't see anything in the documentation about this - am I missing it?  What's the best
practice for starting the tablet server process on reboot?

What about restarting the master processes (gc, monitor, etc.) if the master reboots?
Thanks,
Mike