accumulo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Donald Resnik <dres...@eci-usa.net>
Subject Re: object heap error
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 17:48:42 GMT
Joey,

I was actually doing those things before I got your email.  Upped the
permissions to 775 and saw that /org/apache/Watcher.class is in the jar.
Still getting the error.

I will keep investigating, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Joey Echeverria <joey@cloudera.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure which version of zookeeper accumulo is built against, but
> I've used against the CDH3u3 version without issue.
>
> Can you check the permissions on that jar? If those are fine, you can run
> jar -tf on it to see if the class is really missing.
>
>
> -Joey
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 11, 2012, at 12:25, Donald Resnik <dresnik@eci-usa.net> wrote:
>
> Eric,
>
> Thanks for the idea, here is my only zookeeper entry in the accumulo
> classpath:
>
> file:/usr/lib/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.3.3-cdh3u0.jar
>
> So I am using the cloudera zookeeper, not the apache zookeeper.  Could
> that be the issue?
>
> Should I try to get the apache zookeeper jar for accumulo?
>
> Don
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Eric Newton <eric.newton@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> If you type this:
>>
>>  $ ./bin/accumulo classpath
>>
>> You should see a zookeeper jar in the list.  See if you can figure out
>> why it is being missed.
>>
>> -Eric
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Donald Resnik <dresnik@eci-usa.net>wrote:
>>
>>> Joey,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the email.  I had HADOOP_HOME and ZOOKEEPER_HOME in my env,
>>> but I added them to acumulo-env.sh as well.  Now I am not getting the
>>> hadoop class error, but I am still getting the zookeeper error and a new
>>> tserver error.  zookeeper.jar is in /usr/lib/zookeeper
>>>
>>>
>>> ==> logger_localhost.err <==
>>> Uncaught exception: org/apache/zookeeper/Watcher
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/zookeeper/Watcher
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
>>>     at
>>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
>>>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:296)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
>>>     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>>>     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader.loadClass(AccumuloClassLoader.java:348)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader.loadClass(AccumuloClassLoader.java:355)
>>>     at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main.main(Main.java:56)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.zookeeper.Watcher
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
>>>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
>>>     ... 17 more
>>>
>>> ==> tserver_localhost.err <==
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/zookeeper/Watcher
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
>>>     at
>>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
>>>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
>>>     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>>>     at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
>>>     at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2670)
>>>     at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1603)
>>>     at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main.main(Main.java:76)
>>>
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.zookeeper.Watcher
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
>>>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
>>>     ... 16 more
>>>
>>> ==> tserver_localhost.out <==
>>> tserver must implement a public static void main(String args[]) method
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Joey Echeverria <joey@cloudera.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> Did you set the ZOOKEEPER_HOME and HADOOP_HOME environment variables to
>>>> point to /usr/lib/zookeeper and /usr/lib/hadoop respectively?
>>>>
>>>> -Joey
>>>>
>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>>
>>>> On Mar 11, 2012, at 8:10, Donald Resnik <dresnik@eci-usa.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Josh,
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for the email.  I raised the VM ram to 1G and lowered the heap
>>>> sizes from David Medinets levels from 256 to 128 and 128 to 64.  I no
>>>> longer get the memory error, but now I am getting this:
>>>>
>>>> ==> logger_localhost.err <==
>>>> Uncaught exception: org/apache/zookeeper/Watcher
>>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/zookeeper/Watcher
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
>>>>     at
>>>> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
>>>>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:296)
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
>>>>     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>>>>     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
>>>>     at
>>>> org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader.loadClass(AccumuloClassLoader.java:348)
>>>>     at
>>>> org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader.loadClass(AccumuloClassLoader.java:355)
>>>>     at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main.main(Main.java:56)
>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.Watcher
>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
>>>>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
>>>>     ... 17 more
>>>>
>>>> ==> tserver_localhost.err <==
>>>> Uncaught exception: org/apache/hadoop/io/BinaryComparable
>>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/io/BinaryComparable
>>>>     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>>>>     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
>>>>     at
>>>> org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader.loadClass(AccumuloClassLoader.java:348)
>>>>     at
>>>> org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader.loadClass(AccumuloClassLoader.java:355)
>>>>     at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main.main(Main.java:44)
>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>>> org.apache.hadoop.io.BinaryComparable
>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
>>>>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>>>     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
>>>>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
>>>>     ... 5 more
>>>>
>>>> It is also haning on starting the loggers:
>>>>
>>>> cloudera@cloudera-vm:~/accumulo-1.3.5-incubating/conf$
>>>> ../bin/start-all.sh
>>>> Starting tablet servers and loggers .... done
>>>> Starting tablet server on localhost
>>>> Starting logger on localhost
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Don
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Don,
>>>>>
>>>>> What are the values you tried for Xmx for the tserver process? How
>>>>> much memory did you allocate to your vm? Is the sum of all of the Accumulo
>>>>> processes exceeding the available memory in the vm?
>>>>>
>>>>> - Josh
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 3/10/2012 10:42 PM, Donald Resnik wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Accumulo,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I am having trouble staring accumulo in a cloudera VM.  I am getting
>>>>>> this error in the tserver log:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Could not reserve enough space for object heap.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I was using the steps from David Medinets post about configuring
>>>>>> accumulo in a vm from 30 Dec 2011.  I tried to vary some of the
>>>>>> accumulo-env settings for Xmx and Xms, but kept getting the error.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Don Resnik
>>>>>> Expert Consultants Inc.
>>>>>> 410-854-1756 (desk)
>>>>>> 240-381-9412 (cell)
>>>>>> 301-957-2270 (ECI office)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Don Resnik
>>>> Expert Consultants Inc.
>>>> 410-854-1756 (desk)
>>>> 240-381-9412 (cell)
>>>> 301-957-2270 (ECI office)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Don Resnik
>>> Expert Consultants Inc.
>>> 410-854-1756 (desk)
>>> 240-381-9412 (cell)
>>> 301-957-2270 (ECI office)
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Don Resnik
> Expert Consultants Inc.
> 410-854-1756 (desk)
> 240-381-9412 (cell)
> 301-957-2270 (ECI office)
>
>


-- 
Don Resnik
Expert Consultants Inc.
410-854-1756 (desk)
240-381-9412 (cell)
301-957-2270 (ECI office)

Mime
View raw message