accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.Combiner: key scope?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:44:34 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Aaron Cordova <aaron@cordovas.org> wrote:
> However, I am strongly in favor of avoiding over-generalized and complicated APIs, and
am certainly willing to deal with the constraint of only returning one Pair if everyone feels
this will keep adoption and usage easy and simple.

Thinking about this, Combiners make it easier to write a certain type
of Iterator.  Combiner++ would need to maintain this property.  If
using Combiner++ is harder than writing an iterator that accomplishes
the same thing, then Combiner++ has no point.

Keith