accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: start-all.sh should do some basic verification (was Accumulo fails to start)
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:42:16 GMT
On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Robert Vesse <rvesse@yarcdata.com> wrote:
> Hi John
>
> A more robust way to detect JAVA_HOME would be nice but I don't have any
> great ideas on that front
>
> What I was thinking was more along the lines of can something in
> start-all.sh ping the servers that should have started as a basic sanity
> check to see that Accumulo actually started up?
>
> Rob

Rob

I think the scripts may need to be restructured to accomplish this
goal.  The scripts construct a slightly complicated command to start a
server and then execute that command using "ssh -q".  The problem is
the -q options that suppresses error messages.

Instead of doing this, we could execute a script remotely using ssh
and not use the -q option.  The script would execute the slightly
complex command to start the server, supress noise, and reliably
detect if the process started or not.  Thoughts?

Keith