accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Default Max KeyValue size?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 16:47:05 GMT
We do not have a limitation like this, although maybe we should.  We
have had issues with users accidentally inserting enormous keys and it
cause tablet server to run out of memory when splitting, compacting,
or scanning.   One way to limit this in Accumulo would be to add a
constraint to a table that limits key and or value size.  However this
constraint would not check bulk imported files.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Hider, Sandy <Sandy.Hider@jhuapl.edu> wrote:
> I believe HBase has a default max KeyValue size 10,485,760 and it can be changed using
the property "hbase.client.keyvalue.maxsize".  Does Accumulo have anything similar to this,
and what is the default max value?