accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.Combiner: key scope?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:02:38 GMT
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Billie J Rinaldi
<billie.j.rinaldi@ugov.gov> wrote:
> Another thing to consider is what to do with the differing column qualifiers.  Throw
them away, returning a blank column qualifier on the single Key returned?  What if we want
to combine column qualifiers and ignore Values instead?  Should we try to pass the qualifiers
into a reduce method with the Values?  That would be a more general approach, but I'm not
sure how to create an API that wouldn't be messy.

> Billie

Billie

The following API might address the issues you raised

public abstract Pair<Key, Value> reduce(Iterator<Pair<Key,Value>> iter)

Keith