accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Artifacts for 1.3.5 missing?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 00:36:16 GMT
Yes, the 1.4 branch is considered stable.

We've been pounding on 1.4 for quite a while.  The scale of the testing has
over a longer period of time, more complete and more aggressive. Another
team has been using it for some benchmark testing at scale, and it is
remarkable for the *lack* of problems.

No, you cannot mix 1.3 clients with 1.4 servers.  We jumped from 0.3 of
thrift to 0.6.1, and that was a huge change for us; I'm not even sure if it
can be on-the-wire compatible.  Our goal is to ensure compatibility for
1.X.* level for any constant X.  But a switch from 1.X to 1.Y... we'll
remove deprecated APIs, and break on-the-wire compatibility.

-Eric