accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restart Tablet Server process after machine reboot
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:40:42 GMT
Yes, that's what the bin/etc_initd_accumulo script does.

ACCUMULO-312 is more specific: it allows for the configuration of a node
simply by installing the right package.  Install the accumulo-tserver
package, and you're a tserver.  Install the accumulo-master package and you
are a master node.  And, when this all works, you can flexibly just add
more nodes without editing files containing lists of hostnames.  This will
simplify running accumulo in virtual environments, where nodes are added
and removed as needed.

If you just want to automatically restart the appropriate servers on a
configured node, bin/etc_initd_accumulo should work.

-Eric