accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Robert Vesse <rve...@yarcdata.com>
Subject RE: Determine columns in a table?
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 19:05:49 GMT
To clarify my question I'm not looking to see why a scan doesn't return data.  What I'm wanting
to know is what columns a full table scan (taking relevant scan authorizations into account)
will yield without doing the full table scan?

But it sounds like the only way is to do the table scan because in my usage scenario users
won't have HDFS access

Rob

________________________________
From: John Vines [john.w.vines@ugov.gov]
Sent: 24 March 2012 16:27
To: accumulo-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Determine columns in a table?

Individual keys have their own visibility and it is possible to have keys with similar columns
to have different visibilities.

That said, we don't track the visibilities being used, so the only way is the mechanism Eric
suggested.

Sent from my phone, so pardon the typos and brevity.

On Mar 24, 2012 5:30 PM, "Robert Vesse" <rvesse@yarcdata.com<mailto:rvesse@yarcdata.com>>