accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Robert Vesse <rve...@yarcdata.com>
Subject Accumulo fails to start
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:51:36 GMT
I'm having problems with Accumulo not starting correctly - yet from the command line it looks
to start fine i.e. when I run bin/start-all.sh I see the following output:

Starting tablet servers and loggers .... done
Unable to find a $JAVA_HOME at "/usr", continuing with system-provided Java...
Unable to find a $JAVA_HOME at "/usr", continuing with system-provided Java...
Starting logger on localhost
Starting tablet server on localhost
Starting master on localhost
Starting garbage collector on localhost
Starting monitor on localhost
Starting tracer on localhost

Yet if I try to start an accumulo shell with bin/accumulo shell -u root I get the following
error:

14 12:41:27,472 [impl.ServerClient] WARN : Failed to find an available server in the list
of servers: []
14 12:41:27,473 [shell.Shell] ERROR: org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException:
Failed to connect to a server

I looked under the logs/ directory and see that a bunch of logs are created but they are all
zero bytes in size so no helpful hints there :-(

I have followed the README to configure everything appropriately for a single node setup (I
have Hadoop and Zookeeper running fine) and I actually had Accumulo working correctly a couple
of days ago yet now I am unable to start things up again.  I have tried reformatting my HDFS
(as this is just a dev setup) and starting from scratch but I consistently hit this issue
that Accumulo just does not start properly.

Any help or guidance on this would be much appreciated

Rob