accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>
Subject Re: filter on value ranges
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 14:20:11 GMT
To answer your question, I would not use built-in iterators for this.

But if you were determined, you could use what is known as 'document sharding' as opposed
to 'term sharding' and use an intersecting iterator.

Instructions on how to do this should be added to the manual ...

On Mar 9, 2012, at 9:07 AM, Kini, Ameet M. wrote:

> In 1.4, is there a way to use built-in iterators to run the following query :
>   “get the name and salary of all employees where the salary is between X and Y”
>
> Assuming a straightforward schema where name and salary are both cq.
>
> I’d like both the cq restriction and the range predicate applied on the tservers.
>
> I see that Scanner.setColumnQualifierRegex would take care of the cq restriction. But
I don’t know of a built-in iterator for the range predicate and I don’t know of how to
compose those two iterators.