accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keys Botzum <kbot...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo on MapR Continued
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 20:56:09 GMT
Can you share the program? I can try running it and answer your question. I can also of course
check with MapR engineering to see if that's the issue.

Much appreciated,
Keys
________________________________
Keys Botzum
Senior Principal Technologist
WW Systems Engineering
kbotzum@maprtech.com
443-718-0098
MapR Technologies
http://www.mapr.com

On Mar 30, 2012, at 4:48 PM, Billie J Rinaldi wrote:

> On Friday, March 30, 2012 2:07:49 PM, "Keys Botzum" <kbotzum@maprtech.com> wrote:
>> 30 11:00:15,778 [tabletserver.Tablet] ERROR: Failed to find lastkey
>> Seeking beyond EOF, filelen 733, wantpos 733
>
> It looks like Accumulo is trying to seek to the last position in a file.  I just wrote
a little program that opens a file in HDFS and seeks to its file length, and it didn't throw
an error.  Does MapR not allow this?  If that is the desired MapR behavior, we could try to
determine whether Accumulo could avoid performing that seek.