accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Robert Vesse <rve...@yarcdata.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo fails to start
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:05:01 GMT
I have tried to set it in that script but the scripts don't seem to accept it - this is further
confused by the fact that a couple of days ago everything worked without any issues and I
haven't changed my config at all

A which java on my command line will give /usr/bin/java as the path but setting JAVA_HOME
to this causes scripts to fail completely because they blindly append /bin/java to the path,
yet bizarrely setting it to /usr gives the warning seen in my email

I will experiment and see whether this is the cause of the issue but should there not be a
way to actually show a useful error message to the user in this case?

Rob