accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Cardon, Tejay E" <tejay.e.car...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Mahout
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:31:53 GMT
Thank you Jason!  Unfortunately, we not doing recommenders at this point.  Just clustering.
 That said, if we do move on to recommenders at some point, I'll keep your code in mind.

Thanks,
Tejay

From: Jason Trost [mailto:jason.trost@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2012 5:58 AM
To: accumulo-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: Mahout

I was going to wait on announcing this until I had more time to optimize and clean this up,
but I created an AccumuloDataModel for mahout (specifically for recommendations).  I will
be honest, this has not been thoroughly tested and recommendations using this are pretty slow.
 I have some ideas for speeding it up, but haven't had time to implement them.

https://github.com/jt6211/mahout/tree/accumulo

This should be the basic steps to getting this working.

git clone git@github.com:jt6211/mahout.git<mailto:git@github.com:jt6211/mahout.git>
cd mahout
git checkout origin/accumulo -b accumulo # checkout my branch with the AccumuloDataModel
mvn compile package -DskipTests # tests seem to take forever, feel free not to skip them

Once done you will want to add integration/target/mahout-integration-0.7-SNAPSHOT.jar to your
classpath.

Feedback and pull requests would be welcomed.

--Jason

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Cardon, Tejay E <tejay.e.cardon@lmco.com<mailto:tejay.e.cardon@lmco.com>>