accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Robert Vesse <rve...@yarcdata.com>
Subject Re: Maven Artifacts for 1.3.5 missing?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:41:31 GMT
I haven't looked at the 1.4 branch in detail, did you guys move to a newer version of Hadoop
as well, the 1.3.5 release uses the comparatively ancient 0.20.2 version of Hadoop

Rob Vesse -- YarcData.com<http://YarcData.com> -- A Division of Cray Inc
Software Engineer, Bay Area
m: 925.960.3941  |  o: 925.264.4729 | @: rvesse@yarcdata.com<mailto:rvesse@yarcdata.com>
 |  Skype: rvesse
6210 Stoneridge Mall Rd  |  Suite 120  | Pleasanton CA, 94588

[cid:BC8A5E0A-0B0A-43B5-87B5-93039573F2CD@americas.cray.com]

On Mar 19, 2012, at 5:36 PM, Eric Newton wrote:

Yes, the 1.4 branch is considered stable.

We've been pounding on 1.4 for quite a while.  The scale of the testing has over a longer
period of time, more complete and more aggressive. Another team has been using it for some
benchmark testing at scale, and it is remarkable for the *lack* of problems.

No, you cannot mix 1.3 clients with 1.4 servers.  We jumped from 0.3 of thrift to 0.6.1, and
that was a huge change for us; I'm not even sure if it can be on-the-wire compatible.  Our
goal is to ensure compatibility for 1.X.* level for any constant X.  But a switch from 1.X
to 1.Y... we'll remove deprecated APIs, and break on-the-wire compatibility.

-Eric

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Robert Vesse <rvesse@yarcdata.com<mailto:rvesse@yarcdata.com>>
wrote:
Is the 1.4.0 branch considered stable enough for use?  And is it the API compatible between
1.3.5 and 1.4.0 or do both the database and the client need to be on the exact same version
for communication to work correctly?

Rob

On Mar 19, 2012, at 10:06 AM, John Vines wrote:

I believe we don't have them distributed because our poms do not include adequate licensing
info for us to publicly release them. 1.4.0 should be released when we release it though.

John

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Robert Vesse <rvesse@yarcdata.com<mailto:rvesse@yarcdata.com>>
wrote:
Is there a reason why Maven artifacts for 1.3.5 are not available in the Apache repositories?

Which Maven repositories (if any) are they available in?

Rob