accumulo-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christopher Tubbs (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (ACCUMULO-4305) ShellUtilTest broken
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 22:02:13 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4305?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Christopher Tubbs updated ACCUMULO-4305:
----------------------------------------
    Fix Version/s: 1.7.2

> ShellUtilTest broken
> --------------------
>
>                 Key: ACCUMULO-4305
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4305
>             Project: Accumulo
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: shell
>            Reporter: Christopher Tubbs
>             Fix For: 1.7.2, 1.8.0
>
>
> {{ShellUtilTest.testWithDecode()}} passes, even though the data it was suppose to be
base64-decoding was never base64-encoded to begin with.
> It appears that commons-codec silently fails when trying to decode certain non-base64
data, which allows the test to pass even though it shouldn't.
> I noticed this while converting to use the Java 8 Base64 class, as recommended by modernizer-maven-plugin
in ACCUMULO-4304
> I've fixed it in ACCUMULO-4304 for 2.0, but the test should be fixed in 1.8 and earlier
branches. The code itself didn't look like it was faulty, just the test, but the behavior
of commons-codec in this case might affect users at runtime.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message