accumulo-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christopher Tubbs (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (ACCUMULO-4305) ShellUtilTest broken
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 03:52:12 GMT
Christopher Tubbs created ACCUMULO-4305:
-------------------------------------------

             Summary: ShellUtilTest broken
                 Key: ACCUMULO-4305
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4305
             Project: Accumulo
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: shell
            Reporter: Christopher Tubbs
             Fix For: 1.8.0


{{ShellUtilTest.testWithDecode()}} passes, even though the data it was suppose to be base64-decoding
was never base64-encoded to begin with.

It appears that commons-codec silently fails when trying to decode certain non-base64 data,
which allows the test to pass even though it shouldn't.

I noticed this while converting to use the Java 8 Base64 class, as recommended by modernizer-maven-plugin
in ACCUMULO-4304

I've fixed it in ACCUMULO-4304 for 2.0, but the test should be fixed in 1.8 and earlier branches.
The code itself didn't look like it was faulty, just the test, but the behavior of commons-codec
in this case might affect users at runtime.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message