accumulo-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Edward Seidl (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (ACCUMULO-3967) bulk import loses records when loading pre-split table
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:26:46 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3967?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14707306#comment-14707306
] 

Edward Seidl commented on ACCUMULO-3967:
----------------------------------------

Yes, the output counters from MR show 1M records.  I also used org.apache.accumulo.core.file.rfile.PrintInfo
to get the record counts from each of the files before doing the import directory.  The counts
summed to 1M as well.  I also did a dump of the RFiles to make sure things were sorted properly,
and near as I could tell they were.  Actually, I could probably go back and do a better job
of that, but I assume if there were out-of-order records some type of exception would be thrown.

> bulk import loses records when loading pre-split table
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ACCUMULO-3967
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3967
>             Project: Accumulo
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: client, tserver
>    Affects Versions: 1.7.0
>         Environment: generic hadoop 2.6.0, zookeeper 3.4.6 on redhat 6.7
> 7 node cluster
>            Reporter: Edward Seidl
>            Priority: Blocker
>             Fix For: 1.7.1, 1.8.0
>
>
> I just noticed that some records I'm loading via importDirectory go missing.  After a
lot of digging around trying to reproduce the problem, I discovered that it occurs most frequently
when loading a table that I have just recently added splits to.  In the tserver logs I'll
see messages like 
> 20 16:25:36,805 [client.BulkImporter] INFO : Could not assign 1 map files to tablet 1xw;18;17
because : Not Serving Tablet .  Will retry ...
>  
> or
> 20 16:25:44,826 [tserver.TabletServer] INFO : files [hdfs://xxxx:54310/accumulo/tables/1xw/b-00jnmxe/I00jnmxq.rf]
not imported to 1xw;03;02: tablet 1xw;03;02 is closed
> these appear after messages about unloading tablets...it seems that tablets are being
redistributed at the same time as the bulk import is occuring.
> Steps to reproduce
> 1) I run a mapreduce job that produces random data in rfiles
> 2) copy the rfiles to an import directory
> 3) create table or deleterows -f
> 4) addsplits
> 5) importdirectory
> I have also performed the above completely within the mapreduce job, with similar results.
 The difference with the mapreduce job is that the time between adding splits and the import
directory is minutes rather than seconds.
> my current test creates 1000000 records, and after the importdirectory returns a count
of rows will be anywhere from ~800000 to 1000000.
> With my original workflow, I found that re-importing the same set of rfiles three times
would eventually get all rows loaded.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message