accumulo-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Edward Seidl (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (ACCUMULO-3967) bulk import loses records when loading pre-split table
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 18:36:46 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3967?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14707235#comment-14707235
] 

Edward Seidl commented on ACCUMULO-3967:
----------------------------------------

No, they all get transfered to the table directory ok, and other than the info messages about
not assigning files there are no glaring errors in the logs.  Just ran the same code on a
second cluster with the same software stack and I get similar results.  First try loaded all
1M, but the second round only had 840K.

> bulk import loses records when loading pre-split table
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ACCUMULO-3967
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3967
>             Project: Accumulo
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: client, tserver
>    Affects Versions: 1.7.0
>         Environment: generic hadoop 2.6.0, zookeeper 3.4.6 on redhat 6.7
> 7 node cluster
>            Reporter: Edward Seidl
>            Priority: Blocker
>             Fix For: 1.7.1
>
>
> I just noticed that some records I'm loading via importDirectory go missing.  After a
lot of digging around trying to reproduce the problem, I discovered that it occurs most frequently
when loading a table that I have just recently added splits to.  In the tserver logs I'll
see messages like 
> 20 16:25:36,805 [client.BulkImporter] INFO : Could not assign 1 map files to tablet 1xw;18;17
because : Not Serving Tablet .  Will retry ...
>  
> or
> 20 16:25:44,826 [tserver.TabletServer] INFO : files [hdfs://xxxx:54310/accumulo/tables/1xw/b-00jnmxe/I00jnmxq.rf]
not imported to 1xw;03;02: tablet 1xw;03;02 is closed
> these appear after messages about unloading tablets...it seems that tablets are being
redistributed at the same time as the bulk import is occuring.
> Steps to reproduce
> 1) I run a mapreduce job that produces random data in rfiles
> 2) copy the rfiles to an import directory
> 3) create table or deleterows -f
> 4) addsplits
> 5) importdirectory
> I have also performed the above completely within the mapreduce job, with similar results.
 The difference with the mapreduce job is that the time between adding splits and the import
directory is minutes rather than seconds.
> my current test creates 1000000 records, and after the importdirectory returns a count
of rows will be anywhere from ~800000 to 1000000.
> With my original workflow, I found that re-importing the same set of rfiles three times
would eventually get all rows loaded.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message