accumulo-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ASF GitHub Bot (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (ACCUMULO-3646) Duplicate entries when iterator emits entries past seek() range
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2015 02:36:38 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3646?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14512838#comment-14512838
] 

ASF GitHub Bot commented on ACCUMULO-3646:
------------------------------------------

GitHub user denine99 opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/33

    ACCUMULO-3646 Update iterator doc on entries past seek()

    Add warning to SKVI javadoc and to iterator chapter in Accumulo manual.
    Fix inconsistency with Javadoc in iterator chapter.
    Add warning on aliasing of getTopKey()/getTopValue() to chapter.

You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:

    $ git pull https://github.com/denine99/accumulo ACCUMULO-3646

Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:

    https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/33.patch

To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
with (at least) the following in the commit message:

    This closes #33
    
----
commit d296eb4dd275989082fd7d0ed2703b1d31219b63
Author: Dylan Hutchison <dhutchis@mit.edu>
Date:   2015-04-26T00:02:04Z

    ACCUMULO-3646 Update iterator doc on entries past seek()
    
    Add warning to SKVI javadoc and to iterator chapter in Accumulo manual.
    Fix inconsistency with Javadoc in iterator chapter.
    Add warning on aliasing of getTopKey()/getTopValue() to chapter.

----


> Duplicate entries when iterator emits entries past seek() range
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ACCUMULO-3646
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3646
>             Project: Accumulo
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: client, mini, tserver
>    Affects Versions: 1.6.1
>         Environment: Ubuntu 14.04, Accumulo 1.6.1, Hadoop 2.6.0, Zookeeper 3.4.6
>            Reporter: Dylan Hutchison
>            Assignee: Dylan Hutchison
>            Priority: Minor
>
> The SortedKeyValueIterator's seek() method documents that an iterator may return keys
past the range passed to seek().  However, an iterator set at scan-time that returns values
past the range passed to seek() will return those keys multiple times if the client uses a
BatchScanner.  This does not occur when the client uses a Scanner. This has nothing to do
with the VersioningIterator. This has nothing to do with the entries actually in the table.
Also affects MiniAccumulo.
> If this is intended, we should update the SortedKeyValueIterator seek() documentation
with a warning that returning keys past the seek() range may result in a client seeing duplicate
keys. If this is not intended, then it is a bug.
> Test code: See [InjectTest|https://github.com/Accla/d4m_api_java/blob/master/src/test/java/edu/mit/ll/graphulo/InjectTest.java]
> * method {{testInjectOnScan_Empty}} fails because it uses a BatchScanner
> * method {{testInjectOnScan_Empty_Reg}} passes because it uses a Scanner
> In these methods, the [InjectIterator|https://github.com/Accla/d4m_api_java/blob/master/src/main/java/edu/mit/ll/graphulo/InjectIterator.java]
emits entries that go beyond the seek() range.  We confirm what is going on by placing a [DebugIterator|https://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/apidocs/org/apache/accumulo/core/iterators/DebugIterator.html]
right after.
> Logs when using the BatchScanner:
> notice that the "m1" row is returned twice:
> {noformat}
> 015-03-05 06:05:34,768 [graphulo.BranchIterator] INFO : class edu.mit.ll.graphulo.InjectIterator:
init on scope scan
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,768 [graphulo.BranchIterator] INFO : class edu.mit.ll.graphulo.InjectIterator:
init on scope scan
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,770 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: init(edu.mit.ll.graphulo.InjectIterator@e9fe846,
{}, org.apache.accumulo.tserver.TabletIteratorEnvironment@b99fd03)
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,771 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F seek((-inf,f%00;
: [] 9223372036854775807 false), [], false)
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopKey() -->
a1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopKey() -->
a1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopValue() -->
1
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F next()
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopKey() -->
c1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopKey() -->
c1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopKey() -->
c1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopValue() -->
1
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F next()
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopKey() -->
m1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopKey() -->
m1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopKey() -->
m1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F getTopValue() -->
1
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F next()
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,772 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x516E9F1F hasTop() --> false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,770 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: init(edu.mit.ll.graphulo.InjectIterator@2528a1f1,
{}, org.apache.accumulo.tserver.TabletIteratorEnvironment@244a532a)
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA seek([f%00; : []
9223372036854775807 false,+inf), [], false)
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA getTopKey() -->
m1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA getTopKey() -->
m1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA hasTop() --> true
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA getTopKey() -->
m1 colF3:colQ3 [] 1425553534769 false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA getTopValue() -->
1
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA next()
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA hasTop() --> false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA hasTop() --> false
> 2015-03-05 06:05:34,773 [iterators.DebugIterator] DEBUG: 0x5DBB88BA hasTop() --> false
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message