accumulo-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Josh Elser (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (ACCUMULO-1225) test simple.mapreduce.MapReduceTest FAILS at subprocess.Popen(["jps","-m"]...
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 00:47:15 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1225?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13616912#comment-13616912
] 

Josh Elser commented on ACCUMULO-1225:
--------------------------------------

It looks like only this test and the init scripts even use jps. But yes, all usages of jps
expect it to be on the $PATH.
                
> test simple.mapreduce.MapReduceTest FAILS at subprocess.Popen(["jps","-m"]...
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ACCUMULO-1225
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1225
>             Project: Accumulo
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: test
>    Affects Versions: 1.4.2
>         Environment: HDP (Hortonworks Data Platform 1.1.2)
>            Reporter: Cheng Xu
>            Assignee: John Vines
>
> The permission's denied error is curious since I'm able to run the JPS command with the
fully qualified path.  My hypothesis is that the system expects that JPS is available from
anywhere.  
> 17:00:51 runTest (simple.mapreduce.MapReduceTest) ........................... INFO:test.auto:killing
accumulo processes everywhere
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/auto/pkill.sh 9 2000 ip-10-151-77-24-27284.*org.apache.accumulo.start
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: hadoop fs -rmr /user/root/accumulo-ip-10-151-77-24-27284
> INFO:test.auto:Error output from command: rmr: cannot remove /user/root/accumulo-ip-10-151-77-24-27284:
No such file or directory.
> DEBUG:test.auto:Exit code: 255
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/bin/accumulo init --clear-instance-name
> DEBUG:test.auto:Output from command: 2013-03-26 17:00:53,501 util.Initialize INFO : Hadoop
Filesystem is hdfs://ip-10-151-77-24.ec2.internal:8020
> 2013-03-26 17:00:53,502 util.Initialize INFO : Accumulo data dir is /user/root/accumulo-ip-10-151-77-24-27284
> 2013-03-26 17:00:53,502 util.Initialize INFO : Zookeeper server is localhost:2181
> 2013-03-26 17:00:53,503 util.Initialize INFO : Checking if Zookeeper is available. If
this hangs, then you need to make sure zookeeper is running
> Instance name : ip-10-151-77-24-27284
> Enter initial password for root: ******
> Confirm initial password for root: ******
> 2013-03-26 17:00:53,994 util.NativeCodeLoader INFO : Loaded the native-hadoop library
> 2013-03-26 17:00:54,149 security.ZKAuthenticator INFO : Initialized root user with username:
root at the request of user !SYSTEM
> DEBUG:test.auto:Exit code: 0
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/bin/accumulo logger
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/bin/accumulo tserver
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/bin/accumulo monitor
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/bin/accumulo org.apache.accumulo.server.master.state.SetGoalState
NORMAL
> DEBUG:test.auto:Output from command: 2013-03-26 17:00:55,581 server.Accumulo INFO : Attempting
to talk to zookeeper
> 2013-03-26 17:00:55,802 server.Accumulo INFO : Zookeeper connected and initialized, attemping
to talk to HDFS
> 2013-03-26 17:00:57,030 server.Accumulo INFO : Connected to HDFS
> DEBUG:test.auto:Exit code: 0
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/bin/accumulo master
> DEBUG:test.auto:Running shell with 'createtable mapredf\ntable mapredf\ninsert 0 cf-HASHTYPE
cq-NOTHASHED row0\ninsert 1 cf-HASHTYPE cq-NOTHASHED row1\ninsert 2 cf-HASHTYPE cq-NOTHASHED
row2\ninsert 3 cf-HASHTYPE cq-NOTHASHED row3\ninsert 4 cf-HASHTYPE cq-NOTHASHED row4\ninsert
5 cf-HASHTYPE cq-NOTHASHED row5\ninsert 6 cf-HASHTYPE cq-NOTHASHED row6\ninsert 7 cf-HASHTYPE
cq-NOTHASHED row7\ninsert 8 cf-HASHTYPE cq-NOTHASHED row8\ninsert 9 cf-HASHTYPE cq-NOTHASHED
row9\n'
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/bin/accumulo shell -u root -p secret
> ERROR
> ======================================================================
> ERROR: runTest (simple.mapreduce.MapReduceTest)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/auto/simple/mapreduce.py", line 88, in runTest
> if(self.isAccumuloRunning()):
> File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/auto/simple/mapreduce.py", line 104, in isAccumuloRunning
> output = subprocess.Popen(["jps","-m"], stderr=subprocess.PIPE, stdout=subprocess.PIPE).communicate()0
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 550, in _init_
> errread, errwrite)
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 996, in _execute_child
> raise child_exception
> OSError: Errno 13 Permission denied
> INFO:test.auto:killing accumulo processes everywhere
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/auto/pkill.sh 1 2000 ip-10-151-77-24-27284.*org.apache.accumulo.start
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: hadoop fs -rmr /user/root/accumulo-ip-10-151-77-24-27284
> DEBUG:test.auto:Output from command: Moved to trash: hdfs://ip-10-151-77-24.ec2.internal:8020/user/root/accumulo-ip-10-151-77-24-27284
> DEBUG:test.auto:Exit code: 0
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: /usr/lib/accumulo/bin/accumulo org.apache.accumulo.server.util.DeleteZooInstance
ip-10-151-77-24-27284
> DEBUG:test.auto:Exit code: 0
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: rm -rf /usr/lib/accumulo/walogs/ip-10-151-77-24-27284
> DEBUG:test.auto:Exit code: 0
> DEBUG:test.auto:localhost: rm -rf /usr/lib/accumulo/logs/ip-10-151-77-24-27284
> DEBUG:test.auto:Exit code: 0
> ======================================================================
> ERROR: runTest (simple.mapreduce.MapReduceTest)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/auto/simple/mapreduce.py", line 88, in runTest
> if(self.isAccumuloRunning()):
> File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/auto/simple/mapreduce.py", line 104, in isAccumuloRunning
> output = subprocess.Popen(["jps","-m"], stderr=subprocess.PIPE, stdout=subprocess.PIPE).communicate()0
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 550, in _init_
> errread, errwrite)
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 996, in _execute_child
> raise child_exception
> OSError: Errno 13 Permission denied
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ran 1 test in 13.631s
> FAILED (errors=1)

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message