accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Martyn <kmar...@man.poznan.pl>
Subject Delete a range of tablets
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 07:57:11 GMT
Hi Accumulo,

I want to make a system that will store data for a certain period of time,
say 2 days, after that time the data should be deleted.
All time there are ingestion with big amount of new data.
The key is the time of arrival, and splits are generated every 1s so that
data from 1s have a separate tablet.
Is there any possibility to remove a range of tablets without having to run
major compact and merge?

I have tested AgeOffFilter, however, it requires manual launch of the major
compact which almost makes it impossible to scan the database.
I also have tested BatchDeleter, and deleteRows from tableOperations,
however, they are even worse than AgeOffFilter.

Krzysztof

--
Sent from: http://apache-accumulo.1065345.n5.nabble.com/Developers-f3.html