accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Builds
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2019 03:31:47 GMT
I've seen similar problems with processes left behind on my own
Jenkins instance, but my solution is to periodically log in and nuke
the processes, and even occasionally reboot the instance. I don't
think these options are available to us on builds.apache.org, because
we don't have direct access to them. I'm also not sure why it happens
or why Jenkins doesn't properly clean up child processes leftover from
no-longer-running builds it launched.

One suggestion was to run in Docker, but I don't know how to do that.
I attempted to do it that way, and got as far as Jenkins running and
connecting to the Docker instance, but the Maven versions available to
configure the Maven build does not seem to match what's inside the
Docker container and the job quickly fails.... so it's not clear how
to do a Maven build in Jenkins with Docker given the options INFRA has
made available to us. Perhaps if they had instructions, or an example
Maven job we could model our jobs after?