accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to Perform an True Update of a Record?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 19:02:01 GMT
Why are you trying to do this in the first place? When you write a new
version of a cell, you are essentially replacing the old value. Leaving
the old value in the table and lazily removing it (via compaction) is a
core optimization to the write-path for Accumulo (from BigTable itself).

I'm having a hard time understanding why you're trying to do what you're
asking.