accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slack for Accumulo
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:11:27 GMT
We did have a HipChat room, but we didn't advertise it well and nobody
really used it. With all that happened with HipChat being bought by
Atlassian and then sold off to Slack (or something like that), I'm not sure
where ASF Infra currently stands on providing chat as an ASF resource.

I have no objections to trying out Slack within the project. However, if
Infra does move towards something in future (like an official ASF Slack
group), we should try to follow whatever path they pave.

Regardless of whether Slack pans out, we should probably shut down the IRC
room... hardly anybody uses it, and the few that do are lurkers only or
bots. It doesn't make sense to continue to advertise it as a way for
users/devs to contact us.