accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove Google Analytics from project website
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 14:48:29 GMT
IIRC google analytics was one of the few ways Josh and I were able to look at the size of the
"lurker population" for the project back when we tried to get a grasp on how the community
was doing back in 2014.

What will we do as an alternative for checking interest in the project expressed as website
visits? When one of us wants to redesign or optimize parts of the website how will we know
what works and what doesn't?

I think GDPR is also a good reason to keep the existing analytics install. Any alternative
we come up with will have to comply and I'm pretty sure the Google Analytics team is in a
better position to do that then the Accumulo community is.