accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove Google Analytics from project website
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 20:54:59 GMT
I think we should remove it. Given greater user concern over privacy
lately (with things like GDPR), and the fact that it we don't really
*need* the info (does anybody check the reports regularly?), I'd
prefer to just remove it. Infra was also discussing this:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1604a4cb92120eb5daab35aeaa9dda9aee461f8f644ab58ff0bc891a@%3Cusers.infra.apache.org%3E
and there seemed to be some wider community consensus in that thread
that we probably just shouldn't do it.