accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Peterson <mpeter...@atg-us.com>
Subject commons-vfs2.jar 2.2 buggy
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:42:43 GMT
Hello Accumulo,

worth rolling back to version 2.1 of commons-vfs2.

My project upgraded a system from Accumulo 1.8.1 to 1.9.2.  Immediately
after switching vfs contexts we saw problems.  The tservers would error in
iterators about missing classes that were clearly on the classpath.  The
problems were persistent until we replaced the commons-vfs2.jar with
version 2.1 (Accumulo 1.9.2 uses version 2.2).  Until we rolled vfs back,
we received errors particularly with Spring code trying to access various
classes and files within the jars.  It looks like in 2.2, commons-vfs
implemented a doDetach method which closed the zip files.  We suspect that
code is the problem but haven't tested that theory.

I suspect that most users don't use this feature.

Thanks!
Matt