accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apilyzer on branch 1.9
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2018 13:50:36 GMT
Here's the branch:

https://github.com/busbey/accumulo/tree/1.9-update-commons-configuration

The only change is updating commons-configuration from 1.6 to 1.10.

On 2018/09/22 03:07:46, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
> Apilyzer is configured to ignore deprecated classes. Perhaps that's
> the missing puzzle piece? If you have a branch, I could take a look.
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 6:19 PM Sean Busbey <busbey@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying out a local change that I don't think changes the public API, but the
apilyzer-maven-plugin is failing with a claim that the public API now contains non-public
API parameters.

> > The plugin is correct to flag the class it has a problem with, but I haven't changed
the method it's talking about. From what I can tell looking at the configs, I don't understand
why it doesn't fail the build all the time.

> > That class in question is ClientConfiguration:
> >
> > core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/ClientConfiguration.java
> >
> > It extends org.apache.commons.CompositeConfiguration and it overrides several methods
that use parameters and exceptions from commons-configuration.