accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apilyzer on branch 1.9
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2018 22:33:01 GMT
Okay, I took a look.

So, apilyzer is configured to ignore deprecated violations, so we've
explicitly overridden the superclass methods in order to add
@Deprecated to them so they will be ignored. This is better than
adding a specific allowance in the pom.xml, because ultimately, we
want to inform users that these methods shouldn't be used, and once
we've done that, apilyzer is satisfied that we're on the right track
to removing non-public API from our public API. So, we don't need an
explicit exception in the pom.xml.

What appears to be happening here is that 1.10 added some new methods
that we aren't explicitly overridding and adding @Deprecated to. So,
in order to get this to work, we'd have to bring that new method
`Configuration.addConfiguration`, down into our class as an override
and mark it @Deprecated.
On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 9:50 AM Sean Busbey <busbey@apache.org> wrote:

> Here's the branch:
>
> https://github.com/busbey/accumulo/tree/1.9-update-commons-configuration
>
> The only change is updating commons-configuration from 1.6 to 1.10.
>

> On 2018/09/22 03:07:46, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
> > Apilyzer is configured to ignore deprecated classes. Perhaps that's
> > the missing puzzle piece? If you have a branch, I could take a look.
> > On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 6:19 PM Sean Busbey <busbey@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm trying out a local change that I don't think changes the public API, but
the apilyzer-maven-plugin is failing with a claim that the public API now contains non-public
API parameters.

> > > The plugin is correct to flag the class it has a problem with, but I haven't
changed the method it's talking about. From what I can tell looking at the configs, I don't
understand why it doesn't fail the build all the time.

> > > That class in question is ClientConfiguration:
> > >
> > > core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/ClientConfiguration.java
> > >
> > > It extends org.apache.commons.CompositeConfiguration and it overrides several
methods that use parameters and exceptions from commons-configuration.