accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Draft release timeline for 2.0.0
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2018 23:52:17 GMT
I do not expect that page to be a complete or final set of features right
now, but it's probably better than the issue tracker is (because of all the
noise of old issues). Part of the goal of this thread was to motivate
people to start finalizing that set over the next few weeks as they triage
open issues and think about what they can realistically finish in the
timeline we establish. The hope is that the page will become more and more
complete as head more strongly towards this release.

As for the timeline, I have no problem moving the time table up if we get a
bit further along and realize we're in a good place to release. I just
don't like the pressure of unrealistically short timelines, and I know that
personally, my summer is going to be very busy regardless. Initially, I was
hoping we could release around September 1st... but then I figured add a
month for dedicated testing and documentation might be nice... and we'd
still release before the summit.