accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] dropping hadoop 2 support
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 15:42:23 GMT
Let's get the discussion started early on when we'll drop hadoop 2 support.

As of ACCUMULO-4826 we are poised to have Hadoop 2 and Hadoop 3 supported in 1.y releases
as of 1.9.0. That gives an upgrade path so that folks won't have to upgrade both Hadoop and
Accumulo at the same time.

How about Accumulo 2.0.0 requires Hadoop 3?

If there's a compelling reason for our users to stay on Hadoop 2.y releases, we can keep making
Accumulo 1.y releases. Due to the shift away from maintenance releases in Hadoop we'll need
to get more aggressive in adopting minor releases.