accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] tracing framework updates
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 16:39:02 GMT
I didn't realize HTrace was struggling in incubation. Maybe some of us can
start participating? The project did start within Accumulo, after all. What
does it need? I also wouldn't want to go back to maintaining cloudtrace.

I'm unfamiliar with OpenTracing, but it was my understanding that Zipkin
was more of a tracing sink, than an instrumentation API. HTrace is actually
listed as an instrumentation library for Zipkin (among others).