accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposed formatter change: 100 char lines
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:55:46 GMT
I'm opposed to requiring Java 8 to build on branches that we claim support
running under Java 7. Historically relying on "compile for earlier target
JDK" has just led to pain down the road when it inevitably doesn't work.

Just make it a recommendation for contributions and have our precommit
checks do the build with Java 8 to verify the formatting has already
happened.

--
busbey