accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wall <mjw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft Board Report for Jan 2018
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 21:20:41 GMT
Updated Draft
----------
  - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
  store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that
  features cell-based access control and customizable server-side
  processing.  It is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on
  top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:
  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
  - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
  - There were 4 new contributors added since the last report.
  - The 4th annual Accumulo Summit was held just after the last report
  was submitted.  The PMC has approved the use of the Apache Accumulo
  trademark. Slides from the talks can be viewed on the summit website.
[1]
  - Apache Accumulo now has a hands-on tour that introduces users to key
  Accumulo concepts by completing a series of programming exercises. [2]
  - Work to support Apache Accumulo in Docker has begun.  It is based on
the unreleased 2.0 line, so you will have to build your your image. [3]
  - Community is discussing a 1.9 release instead of going from 1.8 to 2.0.
  The release of Hadoop 3.0 and how Accumulo will support it started the
  discussion.

## Health report:
  - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
  JIRA remain constant.

## PMC changes:
  - Currently 30 PMC members.
  - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017

## Committer base changes:
  - Currently 30 committers.
  - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017

## Releases:
  - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017

## Mailing list activity:
  - Nothing significant in the figures

## JIRA activity:

[1]: http://accumulosummit.com/program/schedule/