accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop3 support target?
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 00:28:37 GMT

On 12/5/17 6:43 PM, Christopher wrote:
> I was wondering about Hadoop 3 shading and whether that would help us. It
> would be really nice if it could, or if there was some other class path
> solution that was easy.
>
> I think there are two major issues in this thread. The first is the API
> problems. The second is the Hadoop 3 support. They are related, but I think
> quickly dealing with the API issues can clarify what our options are for
> Hadoop 3.

In the spirit of trying to keep these issues separate (I think
Christopher is correct)

https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/332

If we switch to using the new shaded jars from Hadoop, we can avoid
coupling these issues at all. This comes with caveats as 3.0.0-beta1 is
busted (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15058). Building a
3.0.1-SNAPSHOT locally and using that let me run all of the unit tests
which is promising.

Going to kick off the ITs and see how they fare.