accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Marion" <dmario...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Hadoop3 support target?
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 23:27:41 GMT
There is no reason that you can't mark the offending API methods as deprecated in a 1.8.x release,
then immediately branch off of that to create a 2.0 and remove the method. Alternatively,
we could decide to forego the semver rules for a specific release and make sure to point it
out in the release notes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Elser [mailto:elserj@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 6:19 PM
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop3 support target?

Also, just to be clear for everyone else:

This means that we have *no roadmap* at all for Hadoop 3 support because Accumulo 2.0 is in
a state of languish.

This is a severe enough problem to me that I would consider breaking API compatibility and
fixing the API leak in 1.7/1.8. I'm curious what people other than Christopher think (assuming
from his comments/JIRA work that he disagrees with me).