accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: review board
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 16:38:16 GMT
Hey Mark,

Yup, we're still a CTR project. That should be captured on the website
on our governance page and would require a VOTE by the PMC to change.

We don't have any enforced means of mechanism to perform reviews. We
used to use Reviewboard a bit, but, as of late, more happens on Github
with the better integration that Infra has provided. For example, you'll
find that some projects expressly state certain systems as the ones that
must be used for code-review. It's not been an issue in Accumulo.

Re: CTR in practice, we do still have a bit of review happening before
commit -- it's up to the discretion of the committer. If it's not a
trivial change, you'll likely see the committer waiting for someone else
to take a look before pushing it. Low-volume and decent test coverage
helps make this a tenable process.