accumulo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "J. Mark Owens" <jmark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re[3]: apache/accumulo-testing compile errors
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 15:11:02 GMT
Correction - Is there a ticket to add the changes from ACCUMULO-3238 
(not 3239) into the testing repo?

------ Original Message ------
From: "J. Mark Owens" <jmarkowe@gmail.com>
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: 10/5/2017 11:06:47 AM
Subject: Re[2]: apache/accumulo-testing compile errors

>Thanks Mike,
>
>That worked for now.  Is there a ticket to add the changes from 
>ACCUMULO-3239 into the testing repo?
>
>
>
>------ Original Message ------
>From: "Mike Miller" <mmiller@apache.org>
>To: "dev@accumulo.apache.org" <dev@accumulo.apache.org>
>Sent: 10/5/2017 10:58:15 AM
>Subject: Re: apache/accumulo-testing compile errors
>
>>For now you can change the <accumulo.version> in the pom to 1.8.1 and
>>everything should work OK.  Since we split testing out into its own 
>>repo,
>>there has only been one version, master, and I didn't apply the same
>>changes from ACCUMULO-3238
>><https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3238> to the testing 
>>repo.
>>Unfortunately, it is easy to miss changes like this now that we have a
>>bunch of separate repos (testing, examples).  We could create multiple
>>branches in accumulo-testing that compile against different versions 
>>but
>>that seems like a lot of extra work.
>>
>>On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Mike Miller 
>><michaelpmiller@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Hey Mark - I added the Table.ID stuff in master so you shouldn't be 
>>>seeing
>>>any in 1.8.  Check what version it is compiling against in the pom.  
>>>I will
>>>take a look at the testing repo to make sure there wasn't anything I 
>>>missed.
>>>
>>>On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:28 AM, J. Mark Owens <jmarkowe@gmail.com> 
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>>Hi,
>>>>
>>>>I cloned the apache/accumulo-testing repo this morning. When 
>>>>attempting to
>>>>run some of the tests I ran into compilation errors. Are there known
>>>>issues
>>>>with compiling the accumulo-tests straight from the repo? I'm using
>>>>version
>>>>1.8 of Java.
>>>>
>>>>A sample of the output is included below:
>>>>
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/continuous/UndefinedAnaly
>>>>zer.java:[304,70]
>>>>incompatible types: org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID 
>>>>can
>>>>not be converted to
>>>>java.lang.String
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>TableOp.java:[76,120]
>>>>incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>TableOp.java:[147,122]
>>>>incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to 
>>>>org.apach
>>>>e.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>TableOp.java:[209,58]
>>>>cannot find symbol
>>>>[ERROR]   symbol:   method
>>>>getDefaultConfiguration()
>>>>[ERROR]   location: class
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.AccumuloConfiguration
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>TableOp.java:[223,116]
>>>>incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>TableOp.java:[237,113]
>>>>incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to 
>>>>org.apach
>>>>e.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>TableOp.java:[242,112]
>>>>incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to 
>>>>org.apach
>>>>e.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/ingest/TestIngest.java:[222,56]
>>>>cannot find symbol
>>>>[ERROR]   symbol:   method
>>>>getDefaultConfiguration()
>>>>
>>>>[ERROR]   location: class
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.AccumuloConfiguration
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>AlterTablePerm.java:[80,53]
>>>>incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to org.
>>>>apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID
>>>>
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>WalkingSecurity.java:[59,8]
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.testing.core.randomwalk.security.WalkingSecu
>>>>rity is not abstract and does not override abstract method
>>>>cleanNamespacePermissions(org.apache.accumulo.core.client.im
>>>>pl.Namespace.ID)
>>>>in org.apache.accumulo.server.security.handler.PermissionHandler
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>WalkingSecurity.java:[86,11]
>>>>no suitable constructor found for AccumuloServerContext(org.apa
>>>>che.accumulo.server.conf.ServerConfigurationFactory)
>>>>[ERROR]     constructor
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.server.AccumuloServerContext.AccumuloSer
>>>>verContext(org.apache.accumulo.core.client.Instance,
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.server.conf.ServerConfigurationFactory)
>>>>is not applicab
>>>>le
>>>>[ERROR]       (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)
>>>>[ERROR]     constructor
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.server.AccumuloServerContext.AccumuloSer
>>>>verContext(org.apache.accumulo.core.client.Instance,
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.server.conf.ServerConfigurationFactor
>>>>y,org.apache.accum
>>>>ulo.server.security.delegation.AuthenticationTokenSecretManager) is 
>>>>not
>>>>applicable
>>>>[ERROR]       (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>WalkingSecurity.java:[219,3]
>>>>method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>WalkingSecurity.java:[225,3]
>>>>method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>WalkingSecurity.java:[265,3]
>>>>method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>WalkingSecurity.java:[280,3]
>>>>method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>WalkingSecurity.java:[296,3]
>>>>method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/multitable/
>>>>CopyTable.java:[79,74]
>>>>incompatible types: org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID c
>>>>annot be converted to java.lang.String
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/bulk/BulkPlusOne.java:[63,76]
>>>>cannot find symbol
>>>>[ERROR]   symbol:   method getDefaultConfiguration()
>>>>[ERROR]   location: class
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.AccumuloConfiguration
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/multitable/
>>>>CreateTable.java:[52,76]
>>>>incompatible types: org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID
>>>>cannot be converted to java.lang.String
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/concurrent/
>>>>BulkImport.java:[54,58]
>>>>cannot find symbol
>>>>[ERROR]   symbol:   method getDefaultConfiguration()
>>>>[ERROR]   location: class
>>>>org.apache.accumulo.core.conf.AccumuloConfiguration
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>AlterTable.java:[42,128]
>>>>incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to org.apa
>>>>che.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID
>>>>[ERROR]
>>>>/home/mark/dev/apache-accumulo-testing/core/src/main/java/
>>>>org/apache/accumulo/testing/core/randomwalk/security/
>>>>DropTable.java:[57,147]
>>>>incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to org.apac
>>>>he.accumulo.core.client.impl.Table.ID
>>>>
>>>>Thanks,
>>>>mark
>>>>
>>>
>>>


Mime
View raw message