accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wall <mjw...@gmail.com>
Subject Draft Board Report for Jul 2017
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:38:03 GMT
The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due by
Wednesday, Jul 12 . Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
I plan to submit on the 12th.

Mike

----------------------

 - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust,
   scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
   access control and customizable server-side processing.  It is based on
   Google's BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop,
   Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
 - Since the last report, there has been a focus on documentation clean up
   and paying down some technical debt in our integration test suite.

## Health report:
 - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
   JIRA remain constant.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 29 PMC members.
 - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months.  We have invited a long
time
   contributor to become both a committer and PMC member.
 - Last PMC addition was Mike Walch on Wed Nov 02 2016.

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 29 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Mike Walch at Thu Nov 03 2016

## Releases:

 - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@accumulo.apache.org:

 - notifications@accumulo.apache.org:
    - 63 subscribers (down -2 in the last 3 months):

 - user@accumulo.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: