accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Rosekrans <robert.rosekr...@inovexcorp.com>
Subject Accumulo upgrade rollback...
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 04:36:05 GMT

Accumulo team,

Our team is upgrading from Accumulo 1.5.4 to 1.6.6 then to 1.7.3.  We are testing the upgrade
in our integration environment. Before we started the upgrade, we copied our HDFS /accumulo
directory to /accumulo_backup. My hope was that I could just swap out the directories to rollback.
However when I did, the metadata table didn't load. I looked at the tables and the metadata
table was listed as "metadata" versus "!METADATA" indicating it was using the new format of
the tables.  My guess is that zookeeper is maintaining the previous upgraded table names.

My question is what is the easiest way to rollback the data.

Thanks
Bob