accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <>
Subject [DISCUSS] GitBox
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 15:56:23 GMT
Hi all, it looks like is up and running.

>From what I understand, this provides bi-directional mirroring between
GitHub repos and ASF repos, and would allow us to manage GitHub issues and
PRs by adding labels and milestones to them.

Personally, I think this would be helpful, especially as we use GitHub more
and more for pull requests / code reviews.

If we want to use this, we can put in requests to INFRA to move our repos
over to this service rather than the current git service.

INFRA has responded to my question saying they'll support use of this on a
first-come first-serve basis. I think it might be worth it. Some of the
transition might be self service (GitBox allows PMCs to set up their own
repos), but at the very least, we'd have to request INFRA to add our PMC to
the list of participating projects and have them remove the old one once
the transition is complete.