accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] GitBox
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 16:09:20 GMT

Christopher wrote:
> Hi all, it looks like is up and running.
>  From what I understand, this provides bi-directional mirroring between
> GitHub repos and ASF repos, and would allow us to manage GitHub issues and
> PRs by adding labels and milestones to them.
> Personally, I think this would be helpful, especially as we use GitHub more
> and more for pull requests / code reviews.

Github's review interface is my favored method of code review, but it
seems like you're also suggesting that we adopt GH issues (or is that
just some passing comment about Gitbox functionality?). I think our
current process of JIRA and Github works just fine.

What problems do we have as a project which labels and milestones would
solve? Otherwise, this just seems like change for change's sake.

> If we want to use this, we can put in requests to INFRA to move our repos
> over to this service rather than the current git service.
> INFRA has responded to my question saying they'll support use of this on a
> first-come first-serve basis. I think it might be worth it. Some of the
> transition might be self service (GitBox allows PMCs to set up their own
> repos), but at the very least, we'd have to request INFRA to add our PMC to
> the list of participating projects and have them remove the old one once
> the transition is complete.

View raw message