accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move user manual source to Accumulo website repo
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 19:57:30 GMT
copy-pasting from the JIRA issue because I was looking for these in-thread:

<snip>
Pros
* Easier to link between pages and external Javadocs
* Documentation can be broken up into distinct pages which is easier to
read and better for SEO.
* Easier to update documentation after releases. Only one commit necessary.
* Jekyll+Markdown is more customizable and becoming more of a standard
than asciidoc.
* Documentation changes that affect multiple releases can be made with
one PR.

Cons
* Documentation will no longer ship with tarball
* Developers cannot update code and docs in one PR
</snip>