accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [Release Test - No Vote] Accumulo 1.7.3-rc0
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 15:19:35 GMT
I completed a successful 24hr CI run with agitation.  Same env as the last test.

        org.apache.accumulo.test.continuous.ContinuousVerify$Counts
                REFERENCED=26528923694
                UNREFERENCED=7165754

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:
> I completed a successful 1 day run of CI+verification w/o agitation on
> EC2 using Muchos using the staged ninary tar.
>
> When the table got to 1K tablets, ingest slowed down a good bit.  I
> made the following config changes suggested in this post[1] and things
> sped back up.
>
>   config -s table.durability=flush
>   config -t accumulo.metadata -d table.durability
>   config -t accumulo.root -d table.durability
>
> Cluster info :
>
>  1 leader m3.xlarge
>  8 workers d2.xlarge
>  Centos 7
>  Hadoop 2.7.3
>  Zookeeper 3.4.9
>  open jdk 1.8 from Centos yum repo
>
> Verification output
>   REFERENCED=36410538934
>   UNREFERENCED=7190163
>
> Now I am going to start a run with agitation.
>
> [1]: http://accumulo.apache.org/blog/2016/11/02/durability-performance.html
>
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Ed Coleman <dev1@etcoleman.com> wrote:
>> I've run through the release process using:
>>
>> ./assemble/build.sh --create-release-candidate
>>
>> The artifacts have been published and the branch pushed to the Accumulo repository.
 This test release only contains the code for 1.7.3, other artifacts (release notes, web pages,...)
have not be added / modified.  I did this to 1) see if it would actually work for me, 2) to
help determine what configuration / steps I have incorrect.

>> Following the instructions for creating a release, I'm a little lost with the instructions
versus what the build script did.  For example,

>> "One unwanted side-effect of this approach is that after creating this branch, but
before invoking release:perform, you must edit the release.properties to add the -rcN suffix
to the value of scm.tag."

>> Is this something that I need to do between stages of the script? Answering the prompts
seemed to push things through and did not require additional information.

>> Looking at the referenced keys (https://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS) my key
is not in that file - is this something I need to add via a separate update / commit?